ballet slippers nail varnish, Hundreds of dance shoes At The Official Store. The Dance Standard Since 2016. Shop Now! Fast Shipping.
• • • • •. Children’s Holiday Festival, History Park, 635 Phelan Ave., San Jose. Turn back the pages of time by enjoying carolers, a trolley ride and more at the decorated History Park. 11 a.m.-3 p.m. $5, free for children under 3. 408.287.2290, historysanjose.org. • • • • •. Willow Glen Holiday Bubbly Walk, Lincoln Avenue in downtown Willow Glen. Sip sparkling beverages and shop ’til you drop on the Avenue. Tasting sites will be set up with champagne, sparkling wine and bubbly nonalcoholic beverages. 2 p.m. $35-$40. 408.298.2100. willowglen.org.
• • • • •, Winchester Orchestra and West Valley Choir, “Holiday Concert,” Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, 81 N, Second St., San Jose, Winchester Orchestra, joined by the West Valley Choir, presents holiday music composed by Holst, Mollicone, Grieg and Bernstein, 7:30 p.m, Also 3 p.m, Dec, 6 at West Valley College Theater, 14000 Fruitvale Ave., Saratoga, $10-$20, winchesterorchestra.com or 408.866.5302, • • • • •, Ceramics Show and Sale, San Jose City College, Room A118, 2100 Moorpark Ave., San Jose, Ceramics students are hosting a Holiday Open House and Ceramics Sale featuring handcrafted porcelain and stoneware, some functional, some decorative, ballet slippers nail varnish Hundreds of items will be available, Proceeds will benefit the college arts program, From noon to 6 p.m, Free..
• • • • •. Hooray for Hanukkah. Children’s Discovery Museum, 180 Woz Way, San Jose. While at the museum, enjoy Hanukkah activities and crafts such as a dreidel game and candle making. There will also be food tastings and performances. From noon to 4 p.m. $13. 408.298.5437 or cdm.org. Holiday Open House and Food Drive, Santana Row, 377 Santana Row, San Jose. Give to those in need and do your holiday shopping during Santana Row’s Holiday Open House, a benefit for Second Harvest Food Bank. Purchase a $40 ticket for food and wine tastings in shops and restaurants and a signature wine glass. Get $5 off the ticket with a canned food item. Tickets on site and at santanarow.com.
• • • • •, Heritage Holiday Champagne Tea, Pacific Hotel at History Park, 635 Phelan Ave., San Jose, Enjoy traditional tea with scones, finger sandwiches, sweets and even a little bubbly, The tea is served by players of Shady Shakespeare Theatre Company, Also, tour historic houses decorated for the holidays, 11 ballet slippers nail varnish a.m.-4 p.m, $45, 408.918.1045, • • • • •, DIY Art–Festive Family Fun, San Jose Museum of Art, 110 S, Market St., San Jose, Drop in and learn the art of foil embossing that can be used to create metallic card and envelope decor, All ages, 1-3 p.m, $5-$10, 408.291.5374..
• • • • •. Flamenco Society of San Jose, “Christmas Flamenco Juerga,” Historic Hoover Theater, 1635 Park Ave. Get in the holiday spirit–flamenco style. Enjoy arrangements of dance, song and dozens of guitars. 7 p.m. $15-$25. flamencos.brownpapertickets.com. • • • • •. Silicon Valley Ballet, “The Nutcracker,” Center for the Performing Arts, 255 Almaden Blvd., San Jose. Under a new name, San Jose’s ballet company brings Clara, the Sugar Plum Fairies and a small, wooden nutcracker to life. Times vary through Dec. 27. $25-$110. 408.288.2800 or siliconvalleyballet.org.
• • • • •, Santa Run Silicon Valley, Plaza de Cesar Chavez, Park and ballet slippers nail varnish South Market streets, San Jose, Run off the extra holiday baggage at this 5K run benefiting Christmas in the Park and Downtown Ice, Come dressed as your favorite holiday character or tradition, 3 p.m, $8-$45, santarunsv.com or 888.810.2063, • • • • •, Third Thursday: Holiday Music, San Jose Museum of Art, 110 S, Market St., San Jose, The Silicon Valley Chapter of the American Harp Society fills the museum galleries with angelic sounds, Complimentary hot cocoa and cookies, 5-8 p.m, $5-$10, 408.291.5374..
“You don’t get a better community holiday celebration than the holiday stroll,” said Daniel Swafford, executive director of the Montclair Village Association. “We showcase the incredible businesses and participating nonprofits and all the incredible schools and church groups performing to highlight what they do for the season — and it’s free.”. More than 40 merchants will keep their stores open late, welcoming customers into their shops, with many offering food and drink and special discounts and promotional offers in celebration of the season. Arts, crafts and family-friendly activities will return to Antioch Court this year.
“There will be more arts and more crafts and more fun than ever,” Swafford said, Myriad school and youth groups will perform throughout Montclair Village during the event and be joined for the first time by the Oakland Ballet, The Dancing Christmas Trees will tap their way through the Village, while the Oakland Firefighters Random Acts of Kindness will collect toys for underprivileged children, Strollers will be able to obtain passports, visit each business listed and get a stamp, The first 150 participants that acquire 12 stamps in their passport will be eligible for a commemorative ornament, Passports can ballet slippers nail varnish be downloaded online or can picked up at the MVA booth at Mountain Boulevard at La Salle Avenue, Trolley service, offered by Bay Alarm, will begin on Thornhill Drive at Duvin, a Gathering Place, The first pickup will be at 4:45 p.m., and will arrive in Montclair in time to see Santa’s procession, The trolley will make stops around the Village throughout the evening..